About me - Cold Reader

We are here to make your stay a pleasant one. Please read this forum for rules and announcements.

About me - Cold Reader

Postby Dhallan on Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:27 pm

Hello guys!

I am Dhallan...

For over 20 years I worked with traditional mentalism, to discover my true gift was in cold reading, which is the scope of mentalism.
The effects produced by cold reading are much higher (of course, my thoughts :) ) and all cold reader must have high responsibility not to ruin the lives of its customers.
How I have much knowledge of mentalism, I ended up adding techniques in cold reading, which gave me a great advantage over the common cold reading.
I've done hundreds of palmistry and tarot reading and would like to share some techniques and exchange ideas with cold readers of this forum, if possible.
Maybe they can advise me which way to walk here. 8)
Dhallan

Re: About me - Cold Reader

Postby Balaram on Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:48 pm

Welcome to our new brother from Brazil !
There are some very knowledgeable members here to respond on the subject, but it can take a while for everyone
to check in.
Thanks for joining us, looking forward to hearing your thoughts,
Balaram/Bill Z.
Balaram
Mage

Postby lin on Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:03 pm

boas-vindas Dhallan!

Lots of good info here. I look forward to hearing more about you.
lin
Imp

Postby Michael Jay on Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:57 am

Welcome to the boards!

Mike.
Check out Top Hat on FaceBook for new and past issues.
Michael Jay

Postby misjief on Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:28 am

Hi ya, Dhalla!

Funny story (sorta) ... Bear with me this is topic related!

I saw your post yesterday but put off responding because I felt it required thought and I was "dummying down" as I prepared for work. I now, I have the day off (and hopefully the weekend too!) because another workmate and I had a interesting conflict. We go thru shift leaders at work like toilet paper and I guess it is my turn to train this one! To be clear, A shift leader is simply a NEW coworker with a title... no real authority or muscle (or money) just ego. Anyone who has been around for a while knows better then to accept the role because it really equates to scapegoat and is a fast path out door.

Basically, she thought I took a hour and a half break because I was on my way to break and got intercepted to load a truck. All of it is documented in logs and on camera. She refused to listen to me and wanted me wrote up. When my real boss actually asked what happened and my coworker was forced to listen she was pretty embarrassed.

The long story short is that if COLD READING was a life skill ... My coworker would have picked up immediately that something didn't jive and would have shifted gears. First off, I didn't act guilty or be evasive ... Just confused which in it self should have been a huge tip off. She started off with a question... WHY do that if you KNOW the answer and are not paying attention to the given answers (both verbal and non-verbal)? The problem I had was she choose to look at communication as a one way road and was bound and determined to TELL me what was what, no matter how much feedback she got to counter it. The funny thing is she had me half convinced I overslept, till I followed up and made sure my stuff was straight!

I am a trained hypnotist and as such I find that people's choice of words can actually define thoughts and therefore refine or restrict their reality. I really love cold reading but I find good source of detailed info incredibly hard to find. I am not kidding when I say I would like to acquire it as a life skill simply because I see it as a valid tool for conflict resolution. I really believe people don't typically go around creating mischief so much as they get caught in faulty thought patterns. (me... Especially, me included!)

-misj-
misjief

Postby davidparr on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:19 pm

Welcome to the site, Dhallan, and thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself! I hope you enjoy exploring this bizarre little corner of the Internet!
davidparr
Pastor of Muppets

Postby Mike Glide on Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:33 pm

Nice to make your acquaintance.
Ghosts of the Inland Seas
Mike Glide

Postby Logan Five on Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:39 pm

Welcome!

I do tarot & palms, and a little bit of cold readings thrown into the mix.
Success is never owned ; it's only rented. And the rent is due everyday.
Logan Five

Postby Philemon on Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:49 am

Glad you joined us.

I wrote a couple of books about cold reading. Feel free to engage me in any discussions regarding the technique.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
http://www.CreepyMagician.com
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion that I possess the other five."
Philemon

Return to Concierge