Guess it's time for an introduction

We are here to make your stay a pleasant one. Please read this forum for rules and announcements.

Guess it's time for an introduction

Postby Mulder on Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:27 pm

In my teens I got hooked on magic and did all of the typical tricks, also a few escapes. I still own a regulation straight jacket, not sure if I can still get out of it. Well as life takes its twists and turns, the active participation in magic fell away and was eclipsed by the mundane, i.e. making a living, getting married and raising a family. Well I'm still married after 30 some years have a son who is in his senior year at college and within the past 5 or so years I've been getting back into magic. I thought I wanted to be a card guy, or a coin guy, but really couldn't find a niche. I am a fairly old school and have well over 125 book and periodicals in my library. It as after picking up a copy of Capriconian Tales that I thought this is more like it. I see bizarre magic as being a continuum, the gory and outrageous fully costumed Mages on one end and the more sedate what I'm beginning to call theatrical magic in the other. I tend to fall in the later case because I really don't have the personality to pull off the persona of a Mage. I am also a writer and hence can use that talent for devising scripts. I also tinker and will be building a frame that switches pictures in the near future as I cannot fine one ready-made. As they say necessity is a mother, or something like that. So after about a 40 year hiatus, I'm attempting to put together a full show that I can have perfected by the time I retire (5-6 years down the road).

Thanks for reading the ramblings
Dabbler in the Esoteric
Mulder

Re: Guess it's time for an introduction

Postby davidparr on Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:17 pm

Thanks for the intro, Mulder. Good to have you here. If you have questions for folks who have been active in the theatrical/bizarre arena, please feel free to ask.
davidparr
Pastor of Muppets

Re: Guess it's time for an introduction

Postby Egregor on Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:19 pm

40 Years is not a hiatus, it's hibernation. Welcome back into the light, or dark, or small light in the dark, or the dark side of the light. NEED A DRINK DO I.
Egregorias truncas pedibus magus
Ive 'succurro ceciderunt et non potest surgere
Egregor
Fiend

Return to Concierge