By way of an introduction ..

We are here to make your stay a pleasant one. Please read this forum for rules and announcements.

By way of an introduction ..

Postby jiggery-pokery on Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:57 am

Good evening, I am Jennifer leMercier duQuesnay, Countess Hanus deJumecourt , lately of Hamilton, Scotland.
By way of an introduction I will tell you a brief story.

I possess the sole remaining shellac recording of a narrative and incantation spoken by the one who taught me. It is the only surviving evidence of his existence beside an antique photograph and a key .. the rest consumed long ago, in an unholy fire which destroyed the house.

One evening, late at night I was disturbed from my meditations by a delivery.
A man, very much the sort one would not admit to your home, called at the side door. His knockings and banging were of the urgency one would expect in an alarm of possibly fatal consequences, his desperation to make the delivery palpable.

When I opened the door I was met with the face of one hardened by ill luck and ill will yet his eyes were ablaze with fright.
"Take the accursed package, take it I tell you ! This last service fulfills my obligation and now I am free ! "

Thinking this odd delivery could have only come from one source I asked the man if it had come form Tallus and was immediately met with a look of horror so pitiable I discharged him at once pressing him no further for information.

I knew only too well the affects Talus' magic had on the weaker mind.

~~~
I look forward to sharing with colleagues as we tread this bizarre path ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~ invovo legem magicarum
jiggery-pokery

Re: By way of an introduction ..

Postby davidparr on Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:16 pm

Welcome, JP, I hope you'll settle in and stay for a while. The gramophone is a lovely prop. Have you built a show around it?
davidparr
Pastor of Muppets

Postby magus on Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:27 pm

Hell of an introduction...
A Wish For Wings That Work
magus
naughty monkey

Postby Balaram on Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:09 pm

Welcome Countess, glad you have finally arrived. Of course, we have been expecting you.
Should the package contain a gramaphone disk, please do not play it during the dark of the moon. I think you know why-?

I was looking for such a megaphone, to mount next to my little tinkly spirit bell, to help its wee tiny volume-- but never found the great look I wanted.
Looks like you did however, well-done!
Response time can be a bit slow here, but fear not, we all manifest eventually.
Balaram
Mage

Postby magus on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:29 am

How about an old poster announcing the performance of a singer or the sale of a gramaphone or a record.
(Did they use posters to sell gramaphone records?)
Roll it into a cone. You have to use both hands to hold the rolled poster in it's cone shaped condition.
A palmed MP3 player and flat speaker would have to be held against the cone, and the cone would change it's sound a bit...
Some Zone X moves could keep the MP3 player hidden.
Have it play a couple of random parts of songs, and then the lyrics (Or song title) could answer some questions.
You would have to ask the questions, or force the questions, but you know how to do that, so no problem.
A Wish For Wings That Work
magus
naughty monkey

Postby Harley Newman on Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:48 am

It's about time you showed up here! Hooray!

Perhaps you break the record, and it restores itself.
Harley Newman

Postby vagabond73 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:00 am

Welcome Countess.
The Enchanter known in other places as Brynmore (13/14).
vagabond73

Location: The verdant edge of the great southern desert continent.

Postby jiggery-pokery on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:28 am

Good afternoon and thank you all for such wonderful welcomes.
I have spent the last 10 years performing limited engagements in a very underground and off the performance radar capacity. My former partner and I have had a good deal of fun developing performance and characters separately from our original show 20 years ago, on opposite side of the atlantic and we are excited to bring out a new project in October.

You can watch the website http://www.bizarremagic.com for details.

There is so much creativity here. I am enjoying all of the ideas thus sparked.

The little piece about the gramophone and record are actually part of a larger performance which was originally inspired by the work I did with my former partner and still colleague. The gramophone is in my act and to be clear, the one pictures is a reproduction. These are affectionately referred to as crap-o-phones but they can be had for an inexpensive price and there is no harm in modifying them if you have a need to enhance their abilities.

I actually have several records cut for my performance which are integral to the story. For more of the technical details we can discuss that on a more appropriate thread.

Looking forward to more bizarre adventures ..
~ invovo legem magicarum
jiggery-pokery

Postby jiggery-pokery on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:36 am

Balaram wrote:*****

I was looking for such a megaphone, to mount next to my little tinkly spirit bell, to help its wee tiny volume-- but never found the great look I wanted.
Looks like you did however, well-done!
Response time can be a bit slow here, but fear not, we all manifest eventually.

Namaste Balaram, who in name is son of Vasudeva and brother of Krishna , thank you for such a wonderful welcome.
Your admonishment for care in the playing of that mysterious disc is closer to part of the story than you might guess.

I would love to chat spirit bells as I use the one my old partner developed and find the subtle sounds very compelling.
Which forum do you suggest a thread on the nuances of spirit bells ?
~ invovo legem magicarum
jiggery-pokery

Postby davidparr on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:42 am

JP, if you're referring to Mr. Fraughton's spirit bell, I have one of those tucked away somewhere. Got it at Mystery School years ago. Haven't used it in performance, but only because I was already doing a similar effect. Let me upgrade your account so you have access to the private forums. The Lounge is where we get into specifics of method and script and so on, away from the more public areas of the site.
davidparr
Pastor of Muppets

Postby jiggery-pokery on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:24 am

davidparr wrote: Let me upgrade your account so you have access to the private forums. The Lounge is where we get into specifics of method and script and so on, away from the more public areas of the site.

Mr Parr knows and sees all :)

Thank you for the upgrade ..
~ invovo legem magicarum
jiggery-pokery

Postby Naljorpa on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:05 pm

A belated welcome to you, Jiggery-Pokery!

Nal
Author of The Holy Art: Bizarre Magick from Naljorpa's Cave
ONE OF THE TASSELS ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
"Obviously you don't know who I think I am."
Naljorpa
Order of the Gorgon

Return to Concierge