Carnival Diablo is your buddy....

We are here to make your stay a pleasant one. Please read this forum for rules and announcements.

Carnival Diablo is your buddy....

Postby doctorrigormorto on Mon May 01, 2006 3:59 pm

Salutations to all of you keepers of Dark Secrets and purveyors of the Bizzare!

I have just discovered this little Oasis on the internet and I am happy to be here. Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Scott McClelland and I own Carnival Diablo the Ultimate Sideshow. This is our 14th Season touring Canada, bringing people Thrills and Chills with a 2 and half hour Horror Sideshow. If you have never experienced our work before please feel free to go and visit http://www.carnivaldiablo.com and take a look at our sordid liddle wurld.

I have been a Paranormalist for the past 26 years and have had the pleasure of professionally Haunting the Banff Springs Hotel and I am also part of a team called 'The Searcher Group' which is part of the Canadian Institute of Parapsychology. This is a Real Group of scientists that join forces to essentailly seek out REAL Paranormal and Ghost Activity. I have been brought on board as a Professional Skeptic to make sure that ALL research is on the up and up.

I live in a mansion on Lake Ontario that is one of the most Haunted Places in Canada. There is a book about my house called 'Overshadows' that is written by Richard Palmisano, a researcher from the Canadian Institute of Parapsychology. Richard spent 9 years studying my house and finally published his findings 2 years ago in this very interesting book.

This past year I was lucky enough to be on a TV Special called 'Mind Trip'. It was hosted by Hugh Dillon and the premise of the show was to have 4 famous Paranormalists and Psychics perform in front of a panel of 13 scientists. At the end of the Special the scientists would then talk candidly about what they thought they saw.

It was a feather in our cap.... because we had the scientists floored.

I look forward to participating in this community of like minded Sages and I hope to make some NEW Friends along the way.

Sin-searly,
Scott McClelland aka Doctor Rigormorto
Hide the kids.... the Carnival is in town.
doctorrigormorto

Postby Gordon Meyer on Mon May 01, 2006 8:07 pm

Welcome, Scott!

Love the name of your show. :-)
Gordon Meyer
Order of The Gordon

Postby davidparr on Mon May 01, 2006 10:34 pm

Hi Scott. Welcome and thank you for joining us here. So what brought you to the weird world of bizarre magic and then to bizarremagic.net?
davidparr
Pastor of Muppets

Postby doctorrigormorto on Mon May 01, 2006 11:25 pm

To begin, my grandfather owned the Largest Travelling Freakshow in Canada from 1920 thru 1968. When he stopped travelling in 1968 he set up a stationary attraction called 'The Fun Spot', this was open up until 1987. I was brought up on his Carnival and also was apprentaced by him thru my formative years. My grandfathers shows were very Exotic and Strange. He would do a Seance on stage and also performed many dangerous sideshow feats and melded it all together with Grande Guignol Theatrics. He used to Impale his body with sharpened bycycle spokes and did a very unique version of the Human Blockhead. My grandmother could swallow 7 swords at one time.
Their story can be found on my website at http://www.carnivaldiablo.com if you go to the 'History' area I have his complete life story printed.

He taught me much of what I know now and I also had the fortune of learning from the finest Senior Showman in the industry. One of the people that was very supportive thru my formative years was Micky Hades, he spent many nights telling me stories of the road and giving me pointers on some of the more isoteric sideshow routines.

In the early 80's, when money was more prevalent, I worked on building 2 of Canada's Largest Haunted Attractions. The first was 'The Caine Manor' built in 1981, this is where I cut my teeth on Horror SFX. I apprentaced under a great SFX artist named Charles Porlier who taught me how to build corpses from scratch and also how to do some great SFX make-up. In 1983 and again in '85 I was put in charge of building the World's Largest Haunted Attraction of the time, 'The Black Castle'. This was 2 floors of NON-STOP Horror! It took 35 minutes to get completely thru.

During this time I started producing a Magic Torture Show, based on Bizarre Magic Illusions such as The Guillotine and The Sword Cabinet. I had invented a Sword Cabinet with a twist... once I had placed the swords into the cabinet I set the interior on fire...making it a cremation illusion also.

I also performed during the show The Multipying Eyeballs and my own strange version of the Dancing Hank.

All of this was done while dressed as a Zombie.

In 1992 I invented Carnival Diablo, a show that used all of my talents from prop building to set painting... to SFX and Real Sideshow feats.
I also have built large Carnival Sideshow Attractions that have toured the major Exhibitions across Canada over the past 6 years... once again, you can find out more at my website.

I am currently expanding the horizons of Diablo even more with some great new projects... but I can't talk about them yet... I am hopefully going to be unveiling them in the Fall.

If you have any questions... please feel free to ask!

your fiend,
Scott McClelland
Carnival Diablo
doctorrigormorto

Postby doctorrigormorto on Mon May 01, 2006 11:46 pm

Oh... and I almost forgot... I learnt about this Forum from Mystician a couple of days ago when I started posting on the Secret Centre and Magic Cafe. I am very happy to have found a place that I can knuckle down with other Bizzare lovers.

Scott McClelland
Carnival Diablo
doctorrigormorto

Return to Concierge